Monday 21 August 2017

An Unexpected Break

I didn't plan to be away from my blog for so long and it made me smile when I looked my last post, where I stated that I was back into making my beekeeper's quilt ... I haven't touched it since! 😄 I have been busy and time has just slipped away.  There has been lots of gardening, crafting and a couple of mini breaks with my husband.  This week I will try to publish a series of posts to bring my blog up-to-date with each post relating to a month that I have been absent from my blog, starting with  April.
April Makes
Starting with Hartley Hare, made as part of Maker's Haven and A Homespun House's Year of Ornaments make along.



This year I am determined to finish more of my WIPs, the first project I completed was my Aurorae Shawl by Helen Stewart, using Fivemoons Diana 4ply.



I added to a couple of project bags to my collection with a some makes, joining in Sew Sweet Violet's Bee Happy KAL.










Baking
Easter baking happened, with bunny biscuits and a Simnel cake.



 I also made some wild garlic and cheese muffins.


In the Garden
April was a busy month in the greenhouse with lots of vegetable and flower seeds sprouting.



The garden was looking lovely, filled with spring flowers.

















The wisteria looked stunning, a little early this year as the weather warmed up quickly.



Out and About
I visited Winchester to see an Angie Lewin exhibition.  I started the day with a hot chocolate and Eccles cake,

before heading to the exhibition.


Woodland Wanders
As always I enjoy being out in nature and spring is a favourite time of year for me with the blossom and bluebells.













We found some old honeycomb that had fallen from a tree.



We saw lots of deer on our walks.





Nuthatch






1 comment:

Sarah Dee said...

So glad to see you back, lovely reminders of Spring, love the hare.