Tuesday 13 December 2016

Out and About

Wow, this year is speeding by! This post is a quick catch-up of where we have been since I last posted.
At the end of October our local town held a Day of the Dead parade which we watched.


The parade inspired this years's Halloween lanterns.

At the beginning of November we headed into London for a day.
The main reason for this trip was so that I could go to Yarnporium, where I met up with some friends to admire lots of woolly goodness.


Afterwards I met back up with my family for coffee at the Nordic Bakery before heading home.
At the end of November my husband and I went away for a couple of nights to East Anglia, where we  had a flying visit to Norfolk,

before heading to Suffolk, where we had a bracing walk along the pier at Southwold.

Then we drove to Bury St. Edmunds

where we were staying in a medieval town house.

We enjoyed sight-seeing around the city centre,






the cathedral and abbey gardens



















One of the reasons for our visit was the Christmas market, but we were very disappointed with the quality of it.  One redeeming feature of the market was the firework display.

We broke the journey home with a trip to Saffron Walden to see the Old Sun Inn, a 14th century timber-framed house that was once used by Oliver Cromwell as his headquarters.  The building is famous for its 17th pargeting (plasterwork).



Our final trip out during November was a local one, to see Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.  It was a family visit to the cinema and we all enjoyed the film.

November closed with a cold snap, which was beautiful!  I took a walk around the open space near our home with my camera to try to catch the beauty of the frost.












No comments: