Saturday 2 January 2016

Our Christmas in Norfolk

This Christmas we travelled to Norfolk to spend the holidays with my parents.  Before we left home I found this under the tree for me!  :)  Our ancient computer finally gave up the ghost and after much deliberation we decided to purchase a laptop instead of a PC.  Now I should be able to keep up-to-date with my blog!

Before Christmas I was busy knitting gifts - this scarf was for my Dad.
The design is Eden Fells by Curious Handmade and I knitted it using Rowan Pure Wool Worsted in red, my Dad's favourite colour.
I also knitted a Pebble Beach Shawl for my Mum, which is another pattern by Helen.
Please excuse the poor photo quality, the weather has been very wet and dull here and the light has been bad.

This gorgeous yarn is Lustrous by the Skein Queen, in Bronzed Grouse.
We travelled to Norfolk on the 23rd December, stopping for coffee and food en route after having been stuck on the M25 car park for a lot longer than usual!
We next stopped at a favourite garden centre to purchase a flower arrangement for my Mum and we couldn't resist a peek at the animated Christmas scenes.
Christmas Eve was forecast to be the one dry day of the festive period.  We headed to the coast to see something quite special.

Can you see them?
We wrapped up against the wind and walked along the sand dunes
to see the seals with their pups on the beach.
It was such a privilege to watch these beautiful creatures

and to be watched by them!  :)







After a couple of hours we decided to go into Norwich.
We had worked up an appetite walking in the sea air, so this Gingerbread Sparkle Cake went down a treat.
That evening we drove down the dark country lanes to visit my best friend and her family.
The next day was of course Christmas Day.
My children still have Christmas stockings. :)


This decoration was made by my Nana and now belongs to my Mum.
We posed for our traditional family photos.
Again the light wasn't perfect, but we worked with what we had.

In the evening it was time for games of cards
and much joviality.
On the Sunday after Christmas we returned home.  One evening we walked around our village to see all the festive lights that people have decorated their homes and gardens with.


No comments: