Thursday 31 December 2015

Pre Christmas

Due to hurting my back at the end of October, I had bought few gifts before the beginning of December, so when my husband took a day off work I roped him in as my bag carrier and we set off for Winchester.  We started off with lunch at Maison Blanc and we just had to have the Christmas muffins for dessert! :)
My OH had the elf muffin
and I ate the snowman.
We wandered around the Christmas market beside the cathedral.
S loves roasted chestnuts so we stopped here for a bag of almost too hot to peel nuts

and a cup of mulled highland mead.
That might explain why I didn't get much shopping done! ;)


I did eventually get all of my shopping completed in time and finished my Christmas gift knitting before we picked J up from uni in Birmingham.

The Christmas market in Birmingham always looks so festive
and the lights in Selfridges were very pretty.
No trip to the Bullring is complete without a visit to Bully.  My husband has a special present for me in the bag he is holding. 
The next day we travelled down to the south coast to visit my in-laws and S's Nan.  This 90 year old lady helped lead the way for working women in the 1970's, as the first women "foreman" for a large engineering firm.  We had a lovely time looking at her old photos and newspaper clippings.


For the winter solstice we have a tradition of visiting Stonehenge for the sunrise.
Not that we saw the sun, but I love the moodiness of this photo.
The clouds started to part as we left the stones.

My husband wanted to pose with the mushroom on this van as we left. :)
I always feel that the festive period starts with our visit to Stonehenge.  

No comments: