Wednesday 24 December 2014

Off the Needles

I have recently fallen down a bit of a rabbit hole as far as knitting is concerned!  After completing my Pebble Beach Shawlette in August, I cast on my Menehune Shawlette, which luckily was a very quick knit

because then the Curious Collective DKAL started.

Just before finishing the CCDKAL we had our trip to Iceland planned and I wanted to knit a pair of mitts and a hat for myself.  So I put down my shawl and knitted Charm Mitts
with a crocheted flower for the hat

After finishing the DCCKAL I cast on my Arctic Winter Capelet.  This is a pattern that I am designing as I go along.  I have put this to one side for the time being as
next it was a friend's 50th birthday and I wanted to give to her something more than a shop bought gift, so I knitted Fireflies Rising Shawlette.
The colour is more accurate in the above photo, but this one shows the whole shawl.
Somehow I next got it into my head that it would be a good idea to knit Christmas presents! :)
Eden Fells Hat for my Son.
Checkerboard Mitts for my Husband.
Hitchhiker for my Daughter.
Eden Fells Scarf for my Son.
I had planned mitts for a friend, but I ran out of time as I had to give her present to her earlier than Christmas!
So you would think that I had had enough of knitting, wouldn't you?
I cast on a Lind Cowl in Debbie Bliss Angel and Party Angel as my Christmas knitting,
just for me! :)

No comments: