Sunday 22 June 2014

Another Year Older!

We've been rather busy this past week!
First it was Father's Day.  S had this T-shirt from the children.  He is fond of this particular quote!

 We celebrated with a BBQ.  I adapted my veggie burger recipe with caramelised red onions and Feta cheese.
I had given my Dad's card and gift to my Mum the previous week when they were visiting us.  My Dad's card was a mini greenhouse with lettuce seeds to grow in it.
Next it was my birthday.
I received lots of pretty cards,
a beautiful bouquet from my Husband
and a silver leopard Trollbead.
I choose this book from my parents and they have given me some birthday money, which I am saving for Unwind at Brighton in July.
The next day it was our Son's birthday.
 I made a penguin-shaped coconut cake for him with lime buttercream and it was covered in fondant icing.
 Unfortunately the coconut cake was too soft to hold the penguin upright and he began to lean forward!  We quickly took a photo of Jay with his cake in case it toppled over completely.  Thankfully it didn't fall over.
 Jay had something new for his computer
 and some new shirts.  Penguins again!  He has always loved penguins.
 I cooked a special meal for his birthday and then it was time to blow out the candles.  That penguin is almost getting his beak burnt! :)
Saturday night we went out to celebrate.
Jay loves burgers so we went to gdk.

 Yummy rosemary skinny fries with hei hei salt.
May contain nuts! 
Definitely nuts!! :)
 Afterwards we went for a short walk around the park.  We always seem to gravitate towards the play areas!
No one was around so the big kids had a play.
This wobble board was such fun!  We couldn't stop laughing!
I may be another year older, but I still haven't grown up! :)
Jay and I also went to Winchester for a spot of shopping one day.  I bought a new dress from Mistral; a bargain at half price.
 There was a sale on at Cath Kidson.  I had a senior moment and bought these napkins - I thought they were tea towels!  Not sure whether to keep them or exchange them as I really like the pattern.
 I have always liked this little bird design, so I treated myself to a little bowl.
 A couple more remnants from C&H.
And some more DMC Natura for future crochet projects.  I really like this yarn as it is soft, yet hard-wearing.
It is the yarn that I have used for my Dahlia Squares.  I have blocked them and sewn the backing fabric ready for this cushion.
This week I have also crocheted some more Springtime Throw Squares and I have made a Diamond Wedding Anniversary card for my Aunt and Uncle.
 I have also resprayed my old watering can, as the original blue paint was worn.
 It has been so hot this week - too hot for black cats!
 The first dahlias are in bloom in the back garden

 and the first sweet pea is out.
My birdcages are looking pretty on the garage wall

and the roses are continuing to bloom.
Abraham D'Arby
The Fairy
Abraham D'Arby
The Countryman
 It may have been a very busy week, but it has been a very enjoyable week, which gets even better today as Fay is coming home for a week.

4 comments:

Mac n' Janet said...

You have been busy, happy birthday to one and all, love those birdcages.

littleRamstudio said...

What a busy week!
Wishing everyone many happy returns of the day.
Just loved the penguin cake.
Heather :)

thesnailgarden said...

Hi Janet & Heather. Thank you for the birthday wishes. Pj x

thesnailgarden said...

Hi Jooles, either the penguin had been on the sherry or I had! :) Best wishes, Pj x