Tuesday 10 September 2013

Days 248 to 252

Only five days behind this time with my 365 posts - I must be improving! :)
Day 248 of 365
Baking day - I made these chocolate muffins, some strawberry shortbread and a boiled fruitcake for my Son to take with him to university.  Got to keep him well fed! :)
Day 249 of 365
Packing day.  My Husband drove Fay back to her accommodation and Jay and I packed up his worldly goods for the trip to his accommodation the next day.  This is only a small part of the packing!
Day 250 of 365
Jay happily settled in with all his tech!  Bless him, he even took his scatter cushions and toy cat! He is so my son! :)
Day 251 of 365
We stayed in a hotel near Jay's uni Saturday night and Sunday we did a grocery shop with him and ended up at Ikea to purchase an ironing board and some storage boxes.  We had a meal before we left and I couldn't resist this princess cake as I love marzipan!
Day 252 of 365
Monday morning and I was back at work.  Yesterday was a wet and chilly day - autumn has definitely arrived and the leaves are falling from the trees.  My Husband and I must be crazy, as we are planning an October stay in a yurt! With this weather?
So now my crazy summer has finished and I now have an empty nest, all be it temporarily!  I don't think it has quite sunk in yet that Jay isn't here on a daily basis - I keep thinking that he has just popped out!  At least with today's technology it is easy to keep in touch with our children and both seem to be happy, which makes it a lot easier for us.  My heart goes out to parents' whose children get homesick; it must make it very difficult.
Good luck with your studies to all those new students and hugs to those that need them (children and parents).  Best wishes, Pj x

2 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

The house must be so quiet, my eldest has moved out, I'm dreading the youngest going. He looks very happy and what great supplies. Good luck to hom. Deb x

thesnailgarden said...

Thanks Deb. Yes, the house does seem very quiet with both of them gone, but I have been warned that just as you get used to it, they come back again! :) Best wishes, Pj x