Wednesday 10 July 2013

Canny CAL

Week 13
This Scallop Flower Square was designed by Beverly who is organising the Canny CAL on Ravelry.

 Week 14
 The Love and Honor Square is a sweet ring of hearts.

Week 15
Yarn Clouds Square  I used DC's for the final two rounds to keep my square to 6".

Also, I have crocheted another Week 1 square as I am making blankets for SIBOL and each blanket consists of 25 squares.  
I have now mostly used up my stash of bright colours, so I have chosen 25 of my squares and joined them together, using DC's.  Some of my squares had more stitches per side than others, so I have eased them together.
I have edged my blanket with a version of Pattern Number 32 from Around the Corner Crochet Borders by Edie Eckman.  I little bit of "fudging" was involved! :)
I was worried that the colours would clash, as I have been working outside of my comfort zone with these colour combinations, but I am pleased with the result and hope that it will brighten someone's day as well as keeping their knees warm.
I have saved some of the pastel squares for another blanket and will be continuing with the CAL using pastel yarns.

No comments: