Friday 12 April 2013

Crochet Crazy!

This week I have gone slightly crochet mad, but before I get into that, I have my cable cushion to show to you.  I finished it whilst I was in Norfolk and it now sits on my rocking chair.  I still have a lot of the grey wool left over, so another cushion is in the pipeline.
 The arms of my rocking chair are perfect for holding skeins of wool as I wind them into balls.  This is Andes by Debbie Bliss.  It is a gorgeously soft mix of mulberry silk and baby alpaca yarn.
I am crocheting it into a scarf of pink shells.  I started it yesterday afternoon and it works up quite quickly.
My other crochet project at the moment is a blanket.  I have been admiring other people's crochet squares on their blogs and it led me to a CAL on Ravelry that is being organised by Beverley of Sew Canny.  Recently I also came across Sue's SIBOL blankets in Blogland and read that they are made using acrylic yarns.  Light bulb moment - I have a large stash of acrylic yarn left over from various projects, what a perfect way to use them!  So I am making the Canny CAL squares with my acrylic yarn and I hope to end up with a blanket for SIBOL.
I was a little late joining the CAL and had four squares to catch up on:-
Week 1 :: A Summer Garden Granny from Attic 24
 Week 2 :: A Pinwheel Square from Cherrymishmash
Week 3 :: Snowflake Breeze by DragonFly Momof2 Design's
 Week 4 :: Puff Pastry Block by Donnakaylacey
I have really enjoyed crocheting these squares - thank you Beverley for arranging this CAL.

4 comments:

Jelly Jam said...

Oh PJ I love that cushion! how jealous am I of your wool and sticks skills? You will laugh when I tell you I've made a knitted cushion from a cowl I bought in the Monsoon sale. Just sewed up each end with a filler inside... easy!
Ellie
x

thesnailgarden said...

Such a clever idea Ellie! Best wishes, Pj x

Sue Pinner said...

love the cable cushion and the pretty pink shells
Hugs Sue x

thesnailgarden said...

Thank you Sue. Best wishes, Pj x