Saturday 18 August 2012

All Things British Swap

Recently I took part in Laalaa's All Things British Swap.  I sent my parcel off before I went on holiday to The Isle of Wight and I know that Rae has received it, so I can blog about it now without spoiling the surprise.
I wanted to do something different so I knitted some bunting in red, white and blue and finished it with I-cord and 3 different types of crocheted flowers.
I stamped and coloured a beach hut card - I have a thing for beach huts; my Husband can't understand it, he says they are just sheds!

All wrapped up and ready to go.

One of the items on my to-do list this summer was to complete these wooden chickens.  My Dad cut out the shapes and I have coloured them with Farrow and Ball paint and crocheted the wings and legs in cotton.
The two above are for me and the ones below are for sale.
I have made some other items, but they are for a Secret Santa-style swap, so no photos and I am still slowly making squares for my crocheted cushion.
My last make this week is this chocolate cake for my Mum's birthday.  It is filled with mint butter-cream and Nutella and topped with more butter-cream and bought mini icing cupcakes.
It has a bit of a journey to reach my Mum, so I hope my Husband drives carefully!
Best wishes, Pj x

6 comments:

Tangled Sweetpea said...

Ooh I love the things you made for the swap Pj! And your little birds are so so sweet! Scrummy looking cake too!
Victoria xx

Kandi said...

Gorgous gorgeous goodies, the bunting is beautiful and the birds are so cute!x

Katie said...

Gorgeous goodies! That cake looks delicious too Pj! xxx

Leanne said...

wowe PJ, loverly stuff! I love those chickens, brilliant!

Leanne x
talesofsimpledays.blogspot.com

Crafty in the Med said...

Hello Pj
I am newest follower and I found you because through Felt by Rae¡s mention on her blog.

This is my first hello as I want to bop back into your blog and have a look at that love British swap post....it all looks so lovely makes me wish I were home back in the UK.

keep well

Amanda :-)

Crafty in the Med said...

regret the spelling writing with out my glasses LOL

a.