Wednesday 25 July 2012

Farnborough Airshow 2012

What a busy week we have had!  The first week of the summer holidays we crammed in Farnborough Airshow, 5 days on The Isle of Wight and a day trip to London to see The Olympic Park.  This is the first of 3 posts about our week:-
After the horrendously wet week we experienced in the South of England the forecast for the airshow didn't look good!  Our tickets were for either Saturday or Sunday, so I got up early on the Saturday to watch the BBC Weather and the prediction was for heavy rain on the Saturday and dry on the Sunday.  We decided on the Sunday and luckily the forecast was correct.  It was dull, but dry and the cloud level was high enough for a full display.
Since I was a little girl I have always loved aeroplanes (I wanted to be an air hostess, but our careers teacher said it wasn't a career!!! I have since wondered how he kept his job!) and I look forward to Farnborough Airshow which is held every other year. These are just a few of the photos I took:-

RAF Falcons
The Blades

US DOD F/A18 Super Hornet

Breitling Wingwalkers

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight - Lancaster
Spitfire
Redhawks Fournier RF4D Motorgliders

US Marine Corps V-22 Osprey


Breitling Jet Team L-39



  RAF Hawk

RAF Typhoon
AAC Apache Helicopter
RAF Tornados

Airbus A380
The Red Arrows






There were several other aircraft in the display, but the combination of my poor camera skills and the speed of the planes didn't produce good photos!  It was a very impressive display of skill and speed.  I'm looking forward to the next one already! :)

2 comments:

Vintage Jane said...

For many years I worked as a hostess on one of the stands at F'boro and also at the Paris Air Show, which is held on the alternate years that F'boro is not on. I used to love it, although speaking to customers and taking phone calls was always challenging over the noise of the air displays! These pics brought back lots of memories. M x

Tangled Sweetpea said...

We're lucky where we live that we can see parts of it from our garden. Looks like you had a wonderful time!
Victoria xx