Tuesday 26 June 2012

Birmingham

Last weekend we went to Birmingham to one of the university's open days for Jay.  We decided to make a weekend of it.  The bronze bull is a famous icon of Birmingham.
 I love his sequined suit!

 My son was rather taken with this bull in Selfridges.  He is covered in Jelly Belly Beans.
We lunched at Ed's

 before some sight-seeing in the rain.



Late Saturday night we went to The Giant, a cinema, to watch Prometheus in 3D.  I'm not usually a fan of 3D, but it really enhanced parts of this film.
We were staying in a hotel near The Bullring and it was a lovely midnight walk back through the city centre.

 Sunday was Father's Day
"... in one ear and out the other!"
My son's choice of card! :)
Enroute home we stopped off at a couple of National Trust houses, but as I have to leave for work I will post about them tomorrow.
Best wishes, Pj x

4 comments:

LaaLaa said...

Oooh, lovely piccies. I work at the university. Is Jay going to come? Brum is a great city. I came here to university and never left! Well, in truth, I did leave but I soon came back. If he comes here you could visit him and come and have a cuppa and a crochet with me. xx

Tangled Sweetpea said...

Great pics Pj!
Victoria xx

thesnailgarden said...

He hopes to next year if everything goes as planned. Pj x

LaaLaa said...

Great. Keep me posted please PJ. He doesn't have dyslexia or any other SEN, does he? If so, I may well work with him. xx