Wednesday 8 February 2012

More Blanket Squares

I have been crochet-crazy this week and have finished the squares for Laalaa's Blanket Square Swap 2012.
Trefoil Square
 Victorian Bedspread Square
 Buttercup Square
 Sunshine and Shadow Square
 Double Geranium Square
 Red Flower Square
 Rose Square
 Squared Circle Square
 Pink Flower Square
 Two-tone Flower Square
 Flower and Treble Square
 Many of these patterns are taken from "201 crochet, motifs, blocks, projects and ideas", by Melody Griffiths and others I have designed myself.  I'm looking forward to the next stage of this swap.  Meanwhile, I have started to crochet another Japanese Daisy Chain Scarf.  This is the third one I will have made and it is going to be for me this time.  The yarn is the gorgeously soft Andes by Debbie Bliss in deep purple and I think it will look wonderful with my new cord coat. :)
I've also got other ideas spinning in my head for a multi-coloured blanket for  my daughter to take with her when she goes to university in September, something to ease the leaving home.  Another project!! :)

5 comments:

Katie said...

all your blanket squares are wonderful. I think my favourite is the rose square, the colours are just so pretty and the design is lovely. well done for getting all your squares done. I can't wait to see the blanket you make with the squares you receive. Love Katie xx

Vintage Jane said...

Wow, too clever. I have never mastered the art of crochet. These are gorgeous and I am insanely jealous! M x

Sue Pinner said...

love the top square, but all are lovely x

Grateful4Crochet said...

these look great!!!

thesnailgarden said...

Thank you for all of your lovely comments about my crochet - I seem to be addicted to crochet at the moment! :) Best wishes, Pj x