Wednesday 14 September 2011

The End of the Summer Holidays ...

... and I have gone back to work for a rest! During the final week of the summer holidays I was very busy decorating our bedroom. I have painted the walls in off-white and I made some new curtains in duck egg blue. Sorry for the bad quality of this picture, the light isn't good in here for taking photos.
We are going for a vintage feel in this room with a new light fitting and curtain pole. The light shade was quick to assemble
and I love it.
I think it is so pretty.
I love that the birds on the curtain pole match the birds on the curtains. This photo shows that true colours of the room. I just need to buy new bedside lamps and a metal Victorian-style bed head then the room will be finished.
I have also given the hall, stairs and landing walls their annual lick of paint to cover up any marks that bags (Fay!!) and fingers (Jay!!) have made. The ceiling also received a new coat of paint. Next year my husband will have to redo the white work as it is rather chipped in places. He has been warned! :) This month I will be decorating the cloakroom and changing the gold coving back to white in our living-room.

Meanwhile this lazy boy had been taking it easy on my car!!
Cheeky boy!!

No comments: