Thursday 8 September 2011

August 2011

Another month has passed and we are already a week into September. Today is my Son's first day at college. He is studying A-levels in Computing, Business Studies, Physics and Electronics and he is also taking an enrichment course in Fitness to gain a qualification as a Fitness Instructor. I have said that he can get me fit! :) This week has been my last week off work and I have been very busy decorating our bedroom. All the painting is now finished and I have almost completed the curtains - I just need to hem them now. All we now need are two bedside lamps and some new bed linen, but I can't decide on a set yet!!

Back to August and time for the monthly mosaics.
The highlight of August for me was spending a week in Norfolk with my parents. We had the best week weather wise; this August was the seventh wettest since records began in 1914. Back home I kept warm by the oven, whilst baking cakes! The cupcakes in the middle of the mosaic I made and took to Norfolk for my Mum's birthday.
In the garden the flowers have survived all the rain, although some have looked rather bedraggled at times. The lawn has loved the rain; it is lush and in need of another cut when the rain stops!
It has been so dull this month that the tomatoes in the greenhouse are late to ripen. I hope that they are ready before the frosts start, otherwise I will have to make lots of green tomato chutney. Soon it will be time to replant the patio pots for winter and to bring in the less hardy plants. There is a definite autumnal chill to the mornings now. I'm still hanging on to wearing sandals, but I suspect that won't be for much longer. It will be Halloween before we know it! (At least I didn't say Christmas!!)
Best wishes, Pj x

No comments: