Monday 9 May 2011

Birthday Cake

Here at The Snail Garden we have entered the birthday season again, starting with Fay's 19th birthday. As Fay isn't too keen on fruitcake I decided to bake a carrot cake for her birthday and I turned to this cookery book which I love - the recipes always work perfectly.
It was the first time that I had tried this recipe
and it didn't let me down.
On the day I made a double batch of the cream cheese frosting and sprinkled the top of the cake with cinnamon, walnut pieces and edible bronze glitter.
I think this is a rather sophisticated cake, suitable for a 19th year old's birthday.
Fay approved.
We ate it outside after a birthday BBQ.

1 comment:

Rowan said...

What a gorgeous cake! I imagine it tasted as good as it looks as well - I love carrot cake. Belated Happy Birthday to your daughter.