Wednesday 5 January 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Here we are back to normal now. I packed away all the Christmas decorations on Monday, as it was my last day off work. Traditionally they can be left up until the 12th night after Christmas, but I like the fresh start to the year that removing the decorations seems to bring.
Special cards will be kept and others will be turned into gift tags for next Christmas.
The Paperwhites have been given a fresh Spring make-over.
I don't like the madness of the January sales, so we waited until Sunday to go shopping. I bought a few birthday gifts for friends and this pretty brooch, which I wore to work yesterday on this jumper and these bracelets for myself in the sales. :)
I have also given my blog a fresh look. The photos are now larger and I hope to change the background regularly by adding my own photo.
New Year's Resolutions
I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions, let alone go public with them as I think they are easily forgotten as the year progresses, but this year I am publicly making some resolutions in the hope that in doing so I will keep to them!! So here we go:-
1. Weight Loss - Yes that old chestnut! ;) To lose the 3lbs gained over the Christmas period and ideally to lose another 3lbs. Losing the first 3lbs should be relatively easy, but I will struggle with the other 3lbs :( - I'm blaming my age! (Making excuses already!) :)
2. Facebook - To spend less time on FB. Over the past year I have rather got sucked into FB and plan to use my time more effectively. I will still keep in touch with friends and relatives, but ignore the other applications on FB. I think this will be an easy resolution to keep. So far so good. :)
3. Crafting - I need to craft and plan to spend more time doing so. I have lots of ideas for projects and I will post details of them on my blog as I do them. I'm looking forward to this one. :)
4. Exercise - Last August I started swimming 3 times a week and I would like to do some additional exercises this year. Maybe in the gym or doing yoga at home or even just walking more? Not sure how this one will pan out as I will need to make time for this and I prefer to do my exercising at home when there isn't someone in the background being cheeky!
So those are my resolutions. Please feel free to nag me. Anyone else making resolutions?
Best wishes, Pj x

2 comments:

Rowan said...

I just posted a comment but it disappeared so I'll try again! I don't make resolutions but the bit about losing some weight is at the forefront of my mind at the moment:) Good luck with your resolutions anyway and a very Happy New Year.

thesnailgarden said...

Hi Rowan, A Happy New Year to You. Best wishes for 2011, Pj x