Thursday 4 November 2010

The End of British Summertime?

Midnight on Saturday, the clocks went back an hour signalling the end of British summertime, but the weather seems to have other ideas. Last night at 5pm it was 15'C! It felt warmer than some summer evenings. It was so warm in fact that I spent yesterday gardening in a suntop - in November!! At 6:30pm my husband and I decided to go for a walk around the village. Lit by the street lights, the autumn trees looked beautiful.



We walked through the woods which were lit by moonlight and they looked magical with a mist hanging over the treetops. It was a very romantic walk.
Today another sunny day has dawned and I think more gardening is called for. :)
(Apologises for the quality of these photos, I couldn't keep the camera still for long enough in this light.)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oooh, I think the photos you took are beautiful!