Monday 15 March 2010

Mother's Day

This year, for the first time in a long while, I was able to spend Mother's Day with my Mum. I baked and decorated a cake for her and on our journey up to my parents', bought a large bunch of pale pink tulips for her.

I also crocheted a flared rose brooch to decorate Mum's gift.
My Mum and I always say that Jay and his Grandad are alike and they proved it, yet again, by both saying the brooch looked like a rabbit! :)
My children gave cards to me with lovely cats on. They know how much I love cats. This year, for the first time, I rather cheekily said what I would like as a Mother's Day gift. I have long admired the personalised necklaces on Etsy and thought that one with my children's names on would be an appropriate gift for Mother's Day. This one is called Close To My Heart from BragAboutIt.

2 comments:

aromatic said...

Beautiful Mothers Day goodies... So glad you enjoyed a wonderful day!
Love Jane xxx

Claire said...

I just went to have a look at the necklaces on ETSY - beautiful! I've been after one like that for a long time.