Tuesday 25 November 2008

Another New Recipe ...

... Mushroom Burgers
I have adapted a recipe from a recent Vegetarian magazine and stuffed 4 large mushrooms with a spinach mixture. To make, fill a processor bowl 2/3 full of baby spinach leaves. Add a clove of garlic, 1 tsp of lemon juice, 1 slice of wholemeal bread, some mature cheddar and the stalks of the large mushrooms plus a couple of smaller mushrooms. Season and process. Fill 4 large mushrooms with the mixture and top with a few slices of cheese. Bake at 190'C for 15 minutes. Toast seeded burger buns and place one cooked mushroom in the centre of each bun. The quantities are not crucial and cheese can be changed to use whatever is to hand.
Please excuse the blurred photo.
Ready to eat.
Be warned, like all good burgers some of the filling is likely to slip out!

Craft wise I have completed the items for the two secret santa swaps on the CL forum, but I can't show them, so here is something I made earlier this year.


My pine hand-mirror was looking a little sad so I painted, distressed and silver-leafed it.

Nothing much has been happening here, apart from my husband cracking our bath the other night!! Just what we need in the run up to Christmas!

No comments: